'The perfect perch on an idyllic Caribbean Isle”
Luxury hillside eco-lodges overlooking the ocean in Tobago, the Caribbean
Nestled into the hillside overlooking Castara Bay, Castara Retreats is a family owned eco resort offering 17 luxurious, all-wood, self-catering accommodations of either one or two bedrooms.
Each lodge is built in perfect synthesis with the lush surrounding environment, and angled to absorb the glorious views of the Caribbean Sea.
We aim to create a balance between the services of a hotel with the freedom of self-catering. If it’s a subtle sort of luxury you seek, our tropical hideaways capture the simple, exotic essence of Tobago and exude creativity and style. Comfort is paramount with open-air bedrooms, hammocks for lounging, and expansive decks; we strive to deliver a level of quality that sets us apart.
We are please to offer all members a 10% discount off your stay.
Simply use the code LIFESTYLE10 when booking online.
What to expect
- One or two bedroom all-wooden lodges
- Ocean views
- Spacious living areas
- Quality mattresses, white cotton sheets and bath towels
- Air conditioning and mosquito nets hung over every bed
- Free WiFi
- Lighting options meet your needs and mood
- Security safe for cash, documents and other valuables
- Iron, hair-dryer, iPod docking system
- Large hammock
- Outside decking and/or terrace with sun loungers
- Well-equipped kitchen with cooker, fridge-freezer, quality utensils, pans, French press for coffee, and a range of crockery
- Possibility to add extra make-you-up bed for children, and travel cots can be provided on request
Our restaurant & bar
- ‘Caribbean Kitchen’ offers open-air dining with panoramic views to the ocean and rainforest.
- Menu of locally sourced, fresh ingredients celebrates the flavours and spices for which Caribbean cooking is known. Dietary requirements can be met.
- Open daily for sunset drinks, and evening meals
Our Wellness Centre
- Range of massage therapies, including couples massage
- Daily morning yoga classes
- Hosted yoga retreats by world-class yoga teachers (to be booked in advance)
- We are growing our reputation as a location for small, intimate weddings. Please enquire via Castara’s website for more details
- From scuba diving and snorkelling, to visiting waterfalls and the cocoa estate, tours and activities can be arranged for you.
We pride ourselves on our sustainable/eco credentials with our commitment to work closely with the local community and to tap into and support other local services. This philosophy of sharing the opportunities also applies to our management team, who are local people and who operate their independently owned services under the umbrella of Castara Retreats.
+44 (0)7908-978-477 – speak to Sue our Reservations Manager
Back to Travel